The Flicks Film Festival is an IMDb qualifying competition hosted out of the UK, celebrating independent films worldwide with a huge range of awards for various categories and genres. It is our duty is to discover ambitious and engaging films, to support independent filmmakers’ works and to help endorse their talent to a wider audience faster and consistently with our monthly competitions.
PLAYING BY THE RULES
PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROJECT
* PLEASE NOTE: You must enter your project under a ‘Main Category’ of your choice. ‘Additional Categories’ entered without a valid ‘Main Category’ will not be accepted.
All submissions in the ‘Additional Personnel Categories’ for selections such as ‘Best Actor/Actress’, ‘Best Supporting Actor/Actress’, ‘Best Director’, and so on where categories that are to be attributed to a personnel role require the name of the person you wish to nominate into that category. You can send us the name with the Cover Letter on FilmFreeway or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. The name must match with the real person who covers the role.
We accept all genres in any language, however they must come with CC/Subtitles in English if English is not the spoken language in the entry.
WHAT WE ACCEPT:
1. Narrative (fiction)
2. Documentary (non-fiction)
6. Music video
Headline Categories available:
Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, Best Under 5 Minute Short Film, Best Web-Series, Best B-Movie, Best Animation/Stop Motion, Best Documentary, Best Student Film, Best Experimental Film, Best Music Video.
Additional Film Categories available:
Best Adventure/Action Film, Best Thriller/Mystery Film, Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Film, Best Horror/Drama Film, Best Historical/War Film, Best Noir/Detective Film, Best Western Film, Best Romance/Musical Film, Best Fan Film/Parody Film, Best Comedy/Dark Comedy Film, Best LGBTQ Film, Best Biographical Film, Best Sport Film, Best Foreign Film.
Additional Categories available:
Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Director, Best Producer, Best Acting Ensemble, Best Acting Debut, Best Child/Young Actor/Actress, Best Voice Over, Best Stuntman, Best Costumes, Best Visual Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Make-Up, Best Prosthetic Make-Up, Best Art Design, Best Practical Effects, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Song, Best Sound Design, Best Drone Video, Best Fight Choreography, Best Dance Choreography, Best Editing, Best Produced Screenplay, Best Poster.
Please select the right category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
WHAT WE DON’T ACCEPT:
1. An ‘Additional Category’ entry without a chosen ‘Main Category’.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organisations.
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda.
4. Pornography of any kind.
5. Torture/Snuff/Mutilation material.
6. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD).
The Flicks Film Festival is hereby granted the rights to utilise any excerpt from any project submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the project for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
The competition reserves the right to refuse entries. The festival judges can remove the project from the competition at any time. The number of awards given every month varies on the submissions received.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Flicks Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
** ADDITIONAL NOTE: As an entry works its way thru the selection process, the submitter will be notified via FilmFreeway. With each stage passed your entry will be eligible to use the Flicks Film Festival Laurel on your promotional outlets.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
1. Entry fees are non-refundable.
2. By submitting your project, take note that: You agree for Flicks Film festival to use parts (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
3. Entry fees are non-refundable.
4. Multiple monthly entries are allowed for each project
5. Each entry may be submitted into multiple categories.
6. The films will not be available online.
7. We may promote some of the films by uploading their trailers/teasers/posters/production stills on our website and on our social media outlets.